Bader Philanthropies seeks a Program Officer to lead its Workforce Development (WFD) program area, through a combination of grants and collaborative efforts. The Foundation operates under the principle that grant funds and other assistance can improve the economic situation for all the area residents. The Foundation seeks to support Milwaukee based nonprofits that support employment advancement. The WFD program area has the following strategies:
• Job Preparation and Readiness: Support and expand vocational and apprenticeship programs, while expanding work support services for hard-to-place unemployed.
• Link to Existing/Emerging Jobs: Support city-wide jobs initiatives while building the capacity of small, results-oriented jobs programs.
• Job Creation and Expansion: Support new and small businesses and entrepreneurship in Milwaukee.
• Workforce Barrier Reduction: Support new approaches amongst partners from the public and private sectors to break down the barriers to gainful employment, that can put more Milwaukeeans back to work.
• Advance Collaboration: Convene city-wide summits, workshops and other opportunities that can link business, civic, philanthropic and workforce partners to collaborate on solutions to workforce issues.
The Program Officer for Workforce Development, reports to the Vice President for Grants and Impact Investments and will be responsible for championing innovative grant prospects, conducting grant evaluation, maintaining strong partnerships, ensuring the Foundation plays a pivotal role in growing and connecting jobs in Milwaukee.
Key attributes for the ideal candidate:
• Extensive experience in workforce development or employment related activities. This may include work with local grass roots nonprofits, medium sized nonprofits or systems level agencies.
• Excellent time and project management skills with strong attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to prioritize among competing goals to execute on tight deadlines, working both independently as well as effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide variety of people both internally and externally.
• Professional demeanor with strong work ethic, initiative, and confidence.
Interested individuals should apply with cover letter and resume via email no later than Friday, May 25, 2018: email@example.com
Bader Philanthropies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.