Application (Apply by August 31, 2017)
Bader Philanthropies, Inc. seeks a Social Media/Communications Intern who will assist with the Foundation’s communications and social media activities. This is a part-time, paid position (a one-year commitment is requested), offering an excellent opportunity to gain a thorough background in communications as it relates to philanthropy.
Social Media/Communications and General Office Activities:
- Works with Communications Coordinator on Foundation’s social media and communications plan as well as various public relations projects in presenting and disseminating Foundation themes, resources and information in a way that best informs the media and general public about the Foundation’s work in the community;
- Surfs social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Foundation blogs, etc.) to promote Bader Philanthropies events and stories;
- Monitors print news media for articles on issues relevant to Foundation’s program areas and grantees;
- Assists with special events logistics and preparations, composing electronic invitations, preparing meeting materials and capturing event highlights in photos to use on social media outlets;
- Produces videos, infographics and presentations for Foundation events;
- Updates website and reports analytics;
- Conducts research involving media and local and state philanthropies and public charities;
- Participates in reception coverage rotation; greets guests and receives incoming calls.
- Must have patient, meticulous and logical workstyle with proven abilities in analytical, database and reporting skills;
- Advanced computer skills familiar with both Windows and MAC operating systems, particularly proficient in Microsoft Office Products and online database management systems; computer graphic and Adobe proficiency a plus;
- Excellent time and project management skills with strong attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to prioritize among competing goals to execute on tight deadlines, working both independently as well as effectively in a highly collaborative, team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide variety of people both internally and externally.
- Professional demeanor with strong work ethic, initiative, and confidence.
- Cover Letter: Please detail why you want to intern at Bader Philanthropies, your internship objectives and your career goals. Please also indicate your availability (start date, end date, days and hours you are available).
- Résumé: Please list your complete educational and professional data and information about extracurricular activities.
- Writing Sample: Please enclose a brief writing sample.
Please email all materials to Kim Thao, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Milwaukee-based Bader Philanthropies, Inc. strives to be a philanthropic leader in improving the quality of life of the diverse communities in which it works. Through the Helen Daniels Bader Fund and the Isabel and Alfred Bader Fund, the organization funds innovative projects and programs, convenes partners, and shares knowledge to affect emerging issues in a number of areas, including city youth, workforce development, and Alzheimer’s and aging. Since its founding in 1992 as the Helen Bader Foundation, the organization has committed more than $250 million in grants and program-related investments to advance its charitable mission.